Reserving a Trip
A written receipt by 3e travel ltd. will reserve services on your requested trip.
Payment in full of the Land Cost for the trip is due prior (timely bank transfer) to departure or latest upon arrival in cash.
As confirmation of your reservation we will send you an invoice for payment and additional information, travel information and if applicable a packing list. Upon receipt of final payment, you will receive trip meeting information and list of accommodations.
Cancellations and refunds (should you have booked a trip with us prior the COVID-crises)
Should you find it necessary to cancel (travel restrictions, flight cancellations), a cancellation fee will apply based on the date we receive written notice:
- Over 60 days prior to departure – 20% (non-refundable deposit)
- 59 -30 days prior to departure – 30%
- 29 – 15 days prior to departure – 50%
- Less than 14 days or failure to show – 100%
For any cancellation due to the situation of COVID-19 the cancellation fee will be turned into a voucher. This voucher can be consumed within the next 24 months starting from the date of cancellation. There will be no refunds or credits for unused portions or uncompleted tours for any reason whatsoever.
Please note that a few of our trips (eg. boarder crossing trips) have payment schedules and cancellation fees that are more stringent. These exceptions are clearly indicated in the detailed itineraries, printed separately for each trip.
3e travel d.o.o. reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient registrations. Generally, a cancellation would be made more than 45 days in advance of the departure date. If we find it necessary to cancel a trip, all payments made to 3e travel d.o.o. will be refunded immediately. However, 3e travel d.o.o. shall not be responsible or liable for other expenses incurred by the participant as a result of such a cancellation.
The amount paid to 3e travel d.o.o. to participate in a trip is referred to as the “Land Cost.” The Land Cost for all our trips printed in our itineraries are in Euros.
Land costs for all trips include: Unless otherwise indicated in the specific itinerary for a trip, the Land Cost includes all sleeping accommodations, all breakfasts, guides (except for self-guided trips), all train, taxi, boat and bus transfers as specified in detailed itineraries.
Land Costs do not include: Unless otherwise indicated in the specific itinerary for a trip, the Land Cost does not include international airfare, passport, visas, airport taxes, medical costs, costs of evacuation from remote areas, individual/optional trains, buses, lifts or excursions, lunches, dinners, beverages, tips to guides/leaders, certain meals as specified in detailed itineraries, items not on the set dinner menus, or personal services and items.
Single Supplements: Accommodations in hotels are based on double occupancy. There are only a limited number of single rooms available in the hotels at a supplemental charge. This extra charge simply pays for a private room, not better accommodations.
If you are travelling alone and would like single accommodations where possible, a single supplement charge will be applied. If you are travelling alone and wish to share accommodations, we will assign you a roommate. If there is no one with whom you can share, in most cases, there will not be an extra charge. This applies for standard comfort accommodation, but not for 4* or 5* hotels.
We strongly recommend that you purchase short-term travel insurance covering trip cancellation, trip interruption, baggage and accident/life. In the event you find it necessary to cancel either prior to or during a trip due to injury, personal or family illness or emergencies, travel insurance will usually reimburse non-refundable airfares and non-refundable Land Cost. It can also cover the costs of emergency evacuations from remote areas. It is possible to purchase travel insurance policies through most insurance agencies.
Health Insurance and Medical Info
Due to the (partly) physically demanding nature of our trips, 3e travel d.o.o., requires that you have medical/health insurance coverage while participating in one of our trips. It is possible that you may already have medical/health insurance that will cover you while you are abroad but it is your responsibility to find out in advance of the departure date.
All trip participants need to understand that there are places on trips where medical services are not, or may not be, immediately available. For guided trips (if applicable), a copy of a medical information sheet will be provided to our trip guides for use in the event of a medical situation or emergency. For all trips, especially self-guided trips, we suggest you to have a copy of your medical information sheet with you at all times for use in the event of a medical situation or emergency.
Responsibilities of Trip Members
Trip participants are responsible for selecting trips that are appropriate for the participant’s abilities, physical and medical condition, and interests. Trip participants are responsible for
1) studying and understanding the trip conditions as described by the trip itinerary and all supplemental information supplied by 3e travel d.o.o
2) knowing the participant’s own physical and medical condition with respect to the advisability of participating in the chosen trip
3) bringing appropriate and adequate clothing, equipment, medications and first aid supplies, and
4) acting in a respectful and safe manner and in accordance with the accepted local customs of foreign countries visited.
When travelling abroad, it is extremely important that participants understand that they will be subject to the laws of the particular countries visited.
3e travel d.o.o, reserves the right to decline or cancel the participation of any participant whose condition or conduct it deems to be detrimental to or compromises the safety or interests of the individual or the group as a whole.
Independent Service Providers
3e travel d.o.o., it’s owners and guides give notice that they act only as agents for the owners, contractors, and suppliers, providing means of transportation and/or related services and shall not be liable for any delay, mishap, expense, inconvenience, irregularity, bodily injury or death to person or damage to property occasioned through the conduct or default of any company or individual engaged in providing these arranged services. Each of these passenger conveyance companies, tour companies, hotels, restaurants etc. is subject to the laws of the state or country where the service is provided.
3e travel d.o.o. shall not be liable directly or indirectly, for bodily injury or property damage for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to weather, quarantines, civil disturbances, theft, default, detention, annoyance, changes in government regulations, terrorism, war, or failure of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled etc., over that which it has no control.
Although these itineraries have been carefully planned, reasonable changes and substitutions in the itinerary may be made where deemed necessary for the comfort, safety, and well being of the members. Any resulting costs will be the sole responsibility of the participant.
Upon payment of trip costs, participants agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions.
Rental terms and conditions
1. There is a rental minimum of 1 day/bike.
2. You must be at least 18 years old and you must have a valid credit card for being the person responsible for rent.
3. Rental rates include Unlimited usage, no hourly charges and use of bicycle for a 24 hour period.
4. Every client will receive orientation to the bicycle that covers all aspects of safe riding, the clients’ maintenance responsibilities during the rental period, local and state laws. This includes also a technical check/approval before hand over to the client.
5. 3etravel will provide storage for client luggage, airline tickets, and other valuables free of charge, at any time.
6. Usual bike maintenance during a rental period is client’s responsibility. 3etravel claims no responsibility for breakdowns and accidents during rides.
7. Helmets and water bottles can be provided during rentals but clients are advised to bring their own for comfort, style and last but not least hygienic reasons.
8. One waterproof pannier (20l), a lock, patch kit and a mini pump are included on each rental.
9. The client is responsible for checking brakes and tire pressure before each ride and reporting mechanical failures immediately during the rental period. Customers may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in bicycle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance.
10. The client is responsible for bike security and ensuring that it is always locked on a secured area. In the case of a theft, the client is hold responsible to replace the value of the bicycle in full amount.
11. A security deposit of €200 (Trekking, MTB), €500 (ebike, roadbike) will be taken at pick-up. Security deposit must be processed via valid credit card.
12. All confirmed rental reservations are non-refundable, unless specified under that of the Terms & Conditions guidelines (see below).
13. No refunds on early returns.
14. 3etravel accepts the following methods of payment: Cash, VISA, Master Card, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB. Travelers Cheques are not accepted for security deposit.